Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lots of NEW, Kajira/dancer Adornments

I think its about time I updated here! Since my last post, I've been a busy, busy woman. I created and released a number of items and accessories that could be used by the Gorean role-playing community in SL, or those in more Urban, modern role-play. What's nice about this is that it gave me a chance to be creative and really just make some fun, pretty things that were new to me. The other nice thing, is that many of the pieces can be used outside of role-play, just as accessories for anyone wanting something unique and lovely to adorn their avatar. I'm going to break this update into three separate posts in order to show it all.

I started by making a few sets of kajira/belly dancer adornments. They were so much fun to imagine up and create. Its also the first time I've made something that involved shaping it around the SL foot (whatever the paddles on the ends of the legs SL defines as "feet" anyway ...they really are atrocious, lol). So, that was a bit of a new challenge. I created 3 very different sets, all of them scripted to change textures on touch so that they could be totally personalized and customized for any look.






After I made these jewelry sets, I decided I really wanted to have some sweet belled ankle bracelets, too. I was able to track down a script to allow a sound to be played when the avatar is walking and with some reading up and some advice from better scripters than myself, I was able to modify my own script to play a sound when walking and also have the ability to change the volume level based on personal preference or turn the sound off completely. I found a perfect little tinkling bell sound and it all came together nicely. I made three different versions, which are all touch scripted for texture change and customizable, as well. Since I released them, I've found that the anklets are actually becoming pretty good sellers, which has made me really happy, since I loved making them.


In order to better serve the communities I'm marketing to, as well as be more visible in general, I've placed vendors in several busy city markets. Currently you can find my products in Tarnburg, the City of Kailani, Imperial Ar, and the city of Perdition. I also have a vendor at Jade's Jazz Island and there is always my Main Store, as well, which is still located at the same place in the Moondust sim. And as always, I list all of my new products on XstreetSL.

I can't say how much fun I had making all these. I love being creative and doing something that new to me and it has been wonderful seeing the response I've had from people over the new items. I'm very pleased with the reception I've gotten from the role-playing community and excited to keep making more, in addition to continuing to improve my skills with more mainstream jewelry and accessories as well. In my next post, I will show off some of the new items I created for the more modern/Urban crowd. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment